- BK 80ED EQ3 SynScan GPS
- Products Features
The Black Diamond 80 ED is a modestly wide-field telescope offering bright, wide swaths of sky in a single view. It is well suited for wide-field astronomical observation of prominent nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies from a dark-sky location, or can be used as an astrograph for sky photography. As a terrestrial spotting scope or telephoto lens, the Black Diamond 80 ED’s performance is absolutely superb. Ultra high contrast allows the subtlest of details to be easily scrutinized under conditions of good seeing. The petite silhouette of the Black Diamond 80 ED makes for an excellent compact, portable telescope that travels light and fits in a small space. At about 50-power structural detail becomes apparent in our solar system’s gas giants like Saturn and Jupiter. The Moon also exhibits striking crater detail along the lunar terminator.
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings
Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%. The proprietary Sky-Watcher “Metallic High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
Light-Baffled Optical Systems
The objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light. The draw tube is likewise baffled to insure optimum contrast. The tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
Precision 2” Dual Speed Crayford Focuser is Standard
Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision 2” Dual Speed Crayford Focuser-assembly. This focuser offers fine and ultra-fine focusing adjustments.
The optical tube material is rolled steel, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum painted white, or black.
Telescope Tube Attachment Hardware:
The optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to any Sky-Watcher mount. The quick-release tube rings provided with Black Diamond 80 ED are cast-aluminium, painted white.
Included Components for Selected Models*
Black Diamond 80 ED is supplied with 2” Dual Speed Crayford Focusers and quality foam-lined aluminium carrying cases as standard equipment.
The EQ3 Pro mounts are the perfect instrument for novice visual observers to enjoy astronomy with minimal setup time and in-depth knowledge of the night sky.
• Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
• Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 32 micro steps driven.
• Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
• Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
• Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
• Periodic Error Correction.
• PC compatibility.
• Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
- Optical Design ED Apochromatic Refractor
- Diameter 80mm
- Focal Length 600mm
- F/Ratio F/7.5
- Highest Practical Power 160x
- Finder Scope 8X50
- Focuser Diameter 2" dual speed, crayford
- Diagonal 2" 90 deg. Dielectric Diagonal with 1.25 inch adapter
- Eye Piece LET 2"-28
- Tube Weight 2.47kg
- Tube Dimensions 10 cm x 62cm
- Shipping Weight 8+25 kg
- Shipping Dimensions 68x33x23 cm3; 97x44x29 cm3
* Contact your local distributor for details