- BK 120ED EQ6 SynScan GPS
- Products Features
Observing with Black Diamond 120 ED
The additional aperture of this telescope provides a dramatic increase in resolution and a heighten sense of seeing lunar and planetary surface phenomenon in seemingly 3D-like high-definition. Tight globular star clusters like M13 in Constellation Hercules appear like a beehive of crisp stellar pin points, star upon thousands of stars deep into the objects core. In Deep-space, rich aggregates of stars within Galaxies, Nebulas, and open clusters appear brilliant contrasted against a very dark velvet black background. The wispy, delicate, featherlike structure of dust lanes and extension of glowing gasses can be seen reaching out far beyond the object’s core.
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings
Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%. The proprietary Sky-Watcher “Metallic High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
Light-Baffled Optical Systems
The objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light. The draw tube is likewise baffled to insure optimum contrast. The tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
Precision 2” Dual Speed Crayford Focuser is Standard
Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision 2” Dual Speed Crayford Focuser-assembly. This focuser offers fine and ultra-fine focusing adjustments.
The optical tube material is rolled steel, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum painted white, or black.
Telescope Tube Attachment Hardware:
The optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to any Sky-Watcher mount. The quick-release tube rings provided with Black Diamond 120 ED SCHOTT are cast-aluminium, painted white.
Included Components for Selected Models*
Black Diamond 120 ED SCHOTT is supplied with backlash-free 2” Dual Speed Crayford Focusers and quality foam-lined Aluminium carrying cases as standard equipment.
For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via a RS-232 cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the EQ6 PRO Mounts, They also come with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
• Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
• Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
• Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
• Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
• Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
• Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
• Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
• Periodic Error Correction.
• PC compatibility.
• Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
Counterweight Shaft Length: 28.5cm
Mount Weight (without counterweight): 16Kgs
Mount Height: 41cm
Total weight: 23.5kgs (without counterweights)
Motor Type: Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors
Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)
Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
Gear Ratio: 705
*13" Dovetail Bar
SynScan Hand Control
- Optical Design ED Apochromatic Refractor
- Diameter 120mm
- Focal Length 900mm
- F/Ratio F/7.5
- Highest Practical Power 240x
- Faintest Steller Magnitude 13.1
- Finder Scope 8X50
- Focuser Diameter 2" dual speed, crayford
- Diagonal 2" 90 deg. Dielectric Diagonal with 1.25" adapter
- Eye Piece LET 2"-28
- Tube Weight 5.13kg
- Tube Dimensions 10 cm x 62cm
- Shipping Weight 18+21+19 kg
- Shipping Dimensions 120x45x46 cm3; 117x28x29 cm3; 55x55x25 cm3
* Contact your local distributor for details