- BKP 250 DS + EQ6 SynScan GPS
- Products Features
The new Sky-Watcher BKP 250 OTAW-dual speed Newtonian Reflector incorporates the same superb mirror-set as the Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 250/1200 OTAW Series, but with two significant advantages. A Dual-Speed 10:1 ratio focuser is now included for excellent focusing precision. Also the tube length has been slightly shortened to optimize performance for prime-focus photography. Even better performance for astro-photography and visual use can be achieved when used in combination with Sky-Watcher
Sky-Watcher SynScan mounts have been designed for use by novices and experts alike. These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports. Even the most demanding experts will be impressed by the capability of these mounts for astrophotography.
For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via a RS-232 cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the EQ6 PRO Mounts, They also come with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
• Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
• Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
• Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
• Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
• Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
• Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
• Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
• Periodic Error Correction.
• PC compatibility.
• Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
Counterweight Shaft Length: 28.5cm
Mount Weight (without counterweight): 16Kgs
Mount Height: 41cm
Total weight: 23.5kgs (without counterweights)
Motor Type: Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors
Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)
Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
Gear Ratio: 705
*13" Dovetail Bar
SynScan Hand Control
- Optical Design Parabolic Newtonian Reflector
- Diameter 250mm
- Focal Length 1200mm
- F/Ratio f/4.8
- Highest Practical Power 500x
- Faintest Steller Magnitude 14.1
- Finder Scope 8x50
- Focuser Diameter 2" with 1.25" adapter
- Eye Piece LET 2"-28
- Tube Weight 14.38kg
- Tube Dimensions 28.8cmx112cm
- Shipping Weight 20+21+19kg
- Shipping Dimensions 127x45x56 cm3; 117x28x29 cm3; 55 x 55 x 25 cm3
* Contact your local distributor for details