- EQ6 SynScan GPS
- Products Features
Sky-Watcher SynScan mounts have been designed for use by novices and experts alike. These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports. Even the most demanding experts will be impressed by the capability of these mounts for astrophotography.
For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to 42900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The SynScan Hand Control also has the ability to connect to a computer via a RS-232 cable. Once the connection has been established between the computer and SynScan Hand Control, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the EQ6 PRO Mounts, They also come with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
• Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
• Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
• Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
• Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
• Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
• Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
• Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
• Periodic Error Correction.
• PC compatibility.
• Upgradeable hand control via internet download.Includes:• Dual-fit Saddle• Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs• Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm• Counterweight Shaft Length: 28.5cm• Mount Weight (without counterweight): 16Kgs• Mount Height: 41cm• Total weight: 23.5kgs (without counterweights)• Motor Type: Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors• Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)• Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)• Gear Ratio: 705• 13" Dovetail Bar• SynScan Hand ControlSee Specifications on the right for more details
Special Applications of EQ6 and AZEQ6 Pro mounts:
Our equatorial or alt-azimuth GOTO mounts are not just for telescopes; some of our customers also use EQ6 or AZEQ6 Pro mount to work as a 2-axis precise positioning or rotation test platform with its heavier payload capacity and to be controlled by a computer to simulate in variety testing or measurement conditions, such as the applications of device test platform for Measurement While Drilling (MWD) in oilfield drilling industry etc. "
- Mount Type German Equatorial Mount
- Counter Weight 2 x 5.1Kgs
- Accessory Tray Large wall-to-wall
- Motor Drive 1.8 stepper motors
- GoTo SynScan Hand Control
- Tripod Height 90-147cm
- Tripod Weight 7.5 kg, 2" steel tripod
- Shipping Weight 21+19 kg
- Shipping Cartondimensions 117x28x29 cm3; 55x55x25 cm3
- Payload Capacity 18.20 kg
- Slewing Speed up to 3.4/sec (800X)
- Guiding Speed from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X
* Contact your local distributor for details